Deep Cove News

A Couple of Upcoming Farewells. :(

Steve
A Couple of Upcoming Farewells. :(
by Steve MacGregor - Thursday, 25 January 2018, 1:37 PM

I am sorry to be passing along word of a couple of upcoming changes to our learning community.

Ms. Marshall will be leaving her post as secretary to pursue other opportunities as of February 2nd.  Her organization, personality, and initiative have been a credit to us in her short time here.

Additionally, M. Lussier's last day before his retirement will be on January 31st.  If you haven't seen the little video and accompanying words posted by M. Makuch to the Twitter feed on the school's webpage, they are worth a minute of your time and encapsulate what our school community has gained from M. Lussier's time here.  You will be missed, sir, but we know that the library will remain in good hands with Mme. Reid and Ms. Turner at the helm.

We wish both Ms. Marshall and M. Lussier all the best in their future adventures.

Below is a message from M. Lussier.

Dear Ecole Deep Cove School Community,

I have enjoyed my time as teacher-librarian these past two and one half years, helping students, teachers and families search our collection (and beyond) to find the 'just right' books of interest and relevant resources needed for special projects.  Wonderful stories were shared, with learners making their own connections to texts, to people and to the world around us.

As I leave my position at the end of January, I wish to thank you for having provided me the opportunity to serve this community, rich in tradition and supportive of teaching and learning for all.

Support for the library program has been evident in the work done by you at organizing book fairs, funding guest visits and helping with special requests.  I thank you for having allowed me to be part of this process, always in a rewarding and mutually respectful manner.

I know our school team will work enthusiastically alongside Mme Ashley Reid who, as teacher-librarian, will engage in an ever-evolving library / learning commons.

Au revoir et merci,  Robert Lussier