PAC News

Collaborative Problem Solving Webinar

Picture of PAC Website Coordinator
Collaborative Problem Solving Webinar
by PAC Website Coordinator - Thursday, 2 February 2017, 4:23 AM

Hello Everyone, 

This month our meeting features a webinar on Collaborative Problem Solving followed by a parent discussion. 

Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) was originated by Dr. Ross Greene and subsequently developed by Dr. Greene and Dr. Stuart Ablon, and their associates at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Harvard Medical School. It is a method of conflict resolution that was originally developed for working with very difficult children 
​ ​ 
As more people have learned CPS, it has been applied in an increasingly wide range of settings with diverse populations and provocative results. Its effectiveness has been demonstrated everywhere from homes and schools 

Collaborative Problem Solving is excellent when parenting teens and children with ADHD, Anxiety and many other mental health issues that are generating conflict and disagreements. I believe it is one of the best tools for fostering and improving relationships between parents and their kids and I have used this with my own children with great success. 

This webinar features presenter Ross Robinson M.Ed who describes why and how we use Collaborative Problem Solving, and FORCE parents Karen Copeland and Victoria Keddis who share examples of how they have used this model with their own children. 
Please join us for this webinar and discussion. 

Date & Time: Thursday Feb. 16th 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm 
Location: Saanich neighbourhood Place ( Inside Pearkes Rec. Centre) 
Cost: Free 
RSVP: [ mailto:LisaT@forcesociety.com | LisaT@forcesociety.com ] 

------
Lisa Tate 
Parent in Residence - Victoria, BC 

Institute of Families for Child & Youth Mental Health 
DBA The F.O.R.C.E. in BC 
Phone: Victoria [ tel:250.818.4810 | 250.818.4810 ] , 
Head Office: [ tel:1.855.887.8004 | 1.855.887.8004 ] 
Box 91697 West Vancouver, BC V7V 3P3 
We're Better Together