You are receiving this note because your child has expressed an interest in joining the Deep Cove team that is entered in the Thrifty Foods 1.25 km Kids' Run at the Victoria Marathon on Sunday, October 8th. If you decide that you would like to proceed with registration, please do so online as soon as possible, but ideally by Sunday, September 24th. Students of every grade level are invited to join as are siblings who may not attend Deep Cove (12 years old and under, we often have some keen 3 and 4 year olds join us for the run too). To join the Deep Cove Dolphins for the run please follow the instructions below before noon on Wednesday, October 4th.
Parents accompany their children on the course for the Fun Run and need not register themselves to do so.
Team members who are registered by Sunday, September 24th will have their shirts delivered to Deep Cove. Team members who register after the 24th but before the noon deadline on the 4th of October will have to pick up their own race packages downtown and the school name will not appear on their shirt.
We will send a letter home to registered participants prior to the fun run to inform families where we will meet to warm up on the morning of the event.
Nicole McCron and Nadine McIntyre
To register as part of The Deep Cove Dolphins:
1) Go to runvictoriamarathon.com and click on “Registration” at the top of the main page
2) Scroll down to Thrifty Foods Kids' Run and click “Online Register Now!”
3) On the next page, click the yellow “Register or Purchase Item” button on the right hand side
4) Be sure to select the Thrifty Foods Kids' Run and enter your child's information
5) On the next page, it is important to select “I'm On A Team” and then to search “Deep Cove Dolphins” to join our school team. Our team should pop up after a few characters
6) Follow the remaining online instructions to complete and pay for registration for your child
Sunday, September 24th: Deadline for registration to have a Deep Cove shirt delivered to the school
Wednesday, October 4th at noon: Deadline to register as part of the Deep Cove team. You will also need to pick up your own race packs (including t-shirt without Deep Cove on the back) downtown.
Sunday, October 8th at 10:15am: Fun Run Day