REMINDER: Kelty Mental Health Pinwheel Education Series: Building a Healthy Relationship with Video Games
DATE: Monday September 26th, 2016
TIME: 12:00-1:00pm PST
AUDIENCE: Open to everyone of all ages across BC!
TOPIC: Building a Healthy Relationship with Video Games
DESCRIPTION: For many youth, gaming is an integral part of how they connect with friends and spend recreational time. Video game use can be entertaining and educational, but what happens when excessive gaming starts interfering with daily life? Join our panel as they discuss the nature of excessive video game use and learn how youth can build a healthy relationship with video games.
- Dr. Tyler Black, psychiatrist, BC Children’s Hospital
- Darius, youth with lived experience
- Hantao Yuan, UBC eSports Association
WAYS TO JOIN:
- In person: BC Children's Hospital, Mental Health Building, 4555 Heather Street (Heather St. and 29th Ave.) Vancouver, Entrance #85, Third floor room P3-306.
- Telephone: Dial 1-877-291-3022 and enter the access code 4611577#
- Telehealth: If you would like to join the session through Telehealth, please contact your local Telehealth Coordinator and book a videoconference room and forward this invite with your site information including the name of location & room number and ISDN/IP Address/Alias to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days before the event.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
STAY CONNECTED WITH US!
ABOUT THE KELTY MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTRE:
The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre is a provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources, and support to children, youth and their families who reside in BC. All services provided are free, and include educational events for families, educators and health professionals. For more about the Kelty Centre, visit our website or view our short video here.
ABOUT THE PINWHEEL EDUCATION SERIES:
The Pinwheel Education Series are a group of free educational events open to anyone in BC. The aim is to provide learning opportunities on key mental health and substance use topics, and host a forum where people can engage in dialogue with experts and persons with lived experience.
Feedback is important to us! Please remember to fill out our feedback form after the event: http://fluidsurveys.com/s/Pinwheel
Forward to a friend