PAC News

Safe Kids

Picture of PAC Website Coordinator
Safe Kids
by PAC Website Coordinator - Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 12:01 PM

Hello,  My name is Kristin Greffard. My husband, Francois, and I own a company called Sheepdog Self Protection Inc. We provide self-protection training and education to children, teens, and parents.

Our most popular program is our Safe KIDS Program. Safe KIDS stands for “Keeping our children Informed, Defensible, and Safer”. Our motto is to enlighten not frighten. You may recognize this program as being previously offered by Darren and Beth Laur of Personal Protection Systems Inc. Francois and I have taken over the delivery of this program with their blessing.

The Safe KIDS program is a 1-hour seminar for children ages 5-10 years of age. Topics covered in the Safe KIDS seminar include:
- A child’s 6 special powers of self protection
- Street safety rules
- Home alone rules
- I’m lost or in trouble rules
- Safe places when help is needed
- Its my body rules
- Good touching vs. bad touching
- Realistic physical and verbal strategies

We also offer two parent programs. Parents #1 focuses on child abduction prevention. Parents #2 focuses on sexual exploitation prevention. The Parent programs reinforce the messaging delivered in the Safe KIDS presentations. Our parent programs provide parents and/ or caregivers current stats, education, and tips to reinforce with children to prevent our children from becoming victims of abduction and/or sexual exploitation. As Francois is bilingual, both Parent Programs can be presented in French.

As parents, our #1 priority is to keep our children safe. Our training helps children respond to difficult situations. We do not teach stranger danger. We teach situational danger. The topics covered in our Safe KIDS seminar opens the door to parent child conversations. The parent programs provide tips to parents on how to discuss these sensitive topics with their children.

For more details on our programs please visit our website: http://www.sheepdogselfprotection.com

The Safe KIDS program and parent programs have been provided through many Parent Advisory Counsels in the CRD. Both programs are currently being offered in several recreation centers in the Greater Victoria area. If interested in booking a program please contact us ASAP as available dates in the 2016/2017 school year are slowly booking up. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Sincerely,

Kris and Francois Greffard
Sheepdog Self Protection Inc.
Ph: 250-516-9798
Email: info@sheepdogselfprotection.com

Price Listing:
- Safe KIDS (5-10 yrs)                60 Minutes        Group Rate: $150        Max 15 children
- Safe Tweens (10-13 yrs)             60 Minutes        Group Rate: $150        Max 15 children
- Parents #1- Abduction Prevention                 90 Minutes        Group Rate: $200
Unlimited participants (Within 1 school)
- Parents #2- Sexual Exploitation Prevention       90 Minutes        Group Rate: $200
Unlimited participants (Within 1 school)

Discount: Book both Parents #1 and #2 and save $50 off each program